Saturday, February 11, 2006

No longer a bookworm

I've been an avid reader all my life - I read fast and devoured book after book, usually having several lying around the house at once, ready to be picked up whenever I had a moment. On cars and trains (although I can't do the car reading any more - age has made me travel sick!), walking along the street, while cooking, in fact, any excuse.

But now? I still read, but so much less than in the past - my excuse? well, three kids and a husband who need looking after would come first, second would be my scrapbooking hobby which has eroded into my reading time, but thirdly would be the internet - I love having so much stuff at the touch of a keyboard. Yes! I google and I'm not ashamed to admit it - I've found things I could never have hoped to see at the local library or bookshop, wonderful, interesting, mind-opening things which I have been happy to encounter - blogs, native american poetry, vintage photographs, word definitions, travel information...........

I have come of age in the internet world.

No comments: