Thursday, July 21, 2011

Explore Prompts 3 & 4 - and the self portrait!



Explore has demanded a lot more thinking than I had expected and in the middle of the chaos of the last week of term, DSs birthday and a host of other demands, I hadn't bargained on having to use my brain! But it has ticked away in the background and the above photos are the fruit of my labours.

Adventure, Maps and Perfection - quite a broad spectrum, but they made me remember happy travels, recalled my childhood love of maps and helped me to count my blessings - family, friends, the world around us, faith, and the satisfaction of having found my perfect hobbies.

The map flower was created as I had already seen these being made by my crop mate Yvette, for her daughter's wedding and had wanted to have a go. I hope to make it up to a bunch sometime or other! I also loved the Kerouac inspiration - one of my favourite books. The circles on the page for journalling were pure serendipity, and I managed a quick play with map bits (from an old travel book in the car) - just inked circles, a dabble with spirals and a flower made map bits.


7 comments:

Mary B said...

The map flower looks great can you tell us how you make it please

Elizabeth said...

I do agree, this class is really making me think. Enjoyed your blogging.

Sandra said...

Oh it's looking fabulous,

JO SOWERBY said...

the map flower is beautiful, i want to try that idea with patterned papers,
jo xxx

Jo said...

I love what you've done so far Ali, can't wait to see what else you come up with. The photo of you is lovely too. There's an award for you on my blog :)

Chocolate Mousie said...

I absolutely love your page with the horse. Very creative.

nerllybird said...

I must have a look at this class, it keeps popping up and it seems to be providing lots of inspiration. Thanks for sharing your lovely work.
Helen S