Sunday, August 28, 2011

Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Hop




Hello! Thank you for hopping by my blog on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Hop. I am super excited as this is my first blog hop participation and I've had so much fun with my sketch interpretation.

I have had these photos forever!! My DD is now 14 (the baby in the photo) - they are pre digital, I don't know where the negatives are, they are too busy and the colours are awful - you can tell I didn't scrapbook then, or this would have been staged!!

However, my scrapbooking genes were obviously there as I thought to take a series of photos which now mean the world to me because of the story they tell. Numbered 1-7, they show how my darling son came home to meet his new baby sister, stared, gave her a kiss then ran to get the toy Piglet we had been keeping in her crib until she came - all spontaneously! It brought tears to my eyes then, and still does now, it was so sweet. But these were the photos, and I've been wondering how to scrap them.

So thank you Sketch Support for your fabulous 7 photo sketch which finally gave me inspiration, and to CKCB who made me create a pink kit (not my first port of call, but perfect for baby girls) as I now have a double LO telling the story that I love.

You can find the sketch here.

I took two sheets of Bazzill Basics white cardstock as my base. I then cut my photos down to 4x4 as the 3x3 wouldn't fit in what I needed to keep from these photos. I played with all sorts of bits and pieces from my kit, before settling on a melange of pink papers, a mix of Imaginisce (had it forever - an Easter paper on the reverse), Crate Paper Neighbourhood, not sure what the others are, a length of spotted ribbon, some chipboard from Crate and Basic Grey and added thickers, with gel pen 'sewing' on them, and some tiny MM stickers for my title. The journalling was done with a Souffle pen onto a Crate Neighbourhood journalling postcard which just fitted the bill perfectly.

Please head off to Jennifer's blog now on your hop. Thanks for hopping over here.

21 comments:

The Crafty Caryn said...

Love your take on the sketch...& the store behind your pictures. The best part of scrapbooking is preserving memories.

Jimjams said...

That's such a wonderful story Ali - a sweet, sweet thing to do! Well done on using the pink and those ancient photos - scrapbooking has changed the way I take photos too ;o)

Lovely pages, great memories!

Susanne said...

Nicely told and documented - what a great layout.

MiliPea Designs said...

Love, love, love the story behind the photos! How precious! Great layout.

Emily said...

This is such a precious layout. It is a great story and I love that you are going back now and scrapping these moments.

Lesa said...

I love photos that can take us back to that moment! Great LO, really worked that sketch! My two kids are now grown people and how many times I have wished that I had taken pictures then the way I take them now~~ oh well, Like you have done, I can still scrap those older pics!

happysnapper said...

14 years later but the story finally got told and it was worth keeping and telling.

Lisa said...

congrats on getting these sweet (old) photos scrapped and that story captured in such a pretty, pink way! great sketch layout.

Jo said...

That is such a sweet story Ali and a really lovely layout

Michele's Scrapy Creations said...

love your take on sketch and the story behind it.. I just love how we all remember those special memories..

michelesscrapycreations35 at yahoo dot com

Cynthia Baldwin said...

What a sweet, sweet story! Glad you captured this on a page at last. I still have pre-digi pics that I need to find a home for (sigh), so it's encouraging to see you record this in such a nice way. I like the clean lines and the white cardstock background! Thanks for sharing!

Razzled Scrapper said...

Love our layout. I also have so many predigital pictures I need to scrap and they don't look the best either. But great that you went ahead and scrapped them because years from now the color wont matter anyway it will be what the pictures are that is looked at.

nomorelittlemonkeys said...

Awww! Such a sweet story! I'm so glad you were able to scrap it! I think the soft colors and white background are perfect for the busy photos, and it all works splendidly!

BrendaB said...

What a sweet layout! I love how the photos tell the story!

Jennybean said...

Cute layout - love the story in the pictures!

Rebecca at How I Burb said...

Sweet story, and nice pages for the sketch. Looks great!

Kim Strother said...

It's wonderful that you got that story down on paper and saved. Thats the best part of scrapbooking! So glad you have joined in on the blog hops...I hope you'll be with us again next month!

Claire said...

Great layout there.
C
xx

Margie said...

Love all of the pink! Sweet!

Mandy Charlton, Photographer, Writer, Blogger said...

I love that LO, I stopped scrapping for 3 years when I was establishing my business so I now have hundreds of old photos I need to catch up on, its never too late ;)

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog :)

Marie A said...

Great story and layout!