Friday, September 23, 2011

Create some stamped embellishments challenge #3

I was a stamper long before I was a scrapper and although many of my stamps are not really transferable to scrapbook pages, some are, but I've got out of the habit.  So this month's Counterfeit Kit Challenge to use stamps has been a welcome wake up call to a technique I have ignored for a while now.

I have seen embellishments like this before and was challenged to create some to go with this month's kit.  Ideal for using up those little extra scraps, I used stamps from Papermania and Technique Tuesday, along with a variety of punches and inks.  Simple but effective - great challenge.  I can see this becoming a new favourite.


Next I want to have a go at making some bigger embellishments, maybe with a 2" circle or square and using the stamps more obviously - watch this space :)

7 comments:

Susanne said...

Oh these are all fun. It is easy to ignore stamps, isn't it. I don't know why I don't have more crossover between scrapping and stamping. It seems I think about one or the other - but not both at the same time. This challenge was a good reminder. I'll check back to see if you do more.

Anonymous said...

I love these and anything that uses scraps is a bonus! I definitely want to carry on using stamps more in scrapping too!

Sandra said...

Oh Ali these are great

Emily said...

These are fantastic! I love the idea of using scraps of my favorites papers to crest matching embellies. Thanks for the inspiration.

Sue Jones said...

These are great..I LOOOVe stamping too and (when i scrap) like making my embellishments....SO much cheaper.

Claire said...

Oh they look fab, great idea.
C
xx

Jimjams said...

Brilliant stamping - this is probably a good thing to do at the beginning of every Counterfeit month - the papers are then cut, automatically less "precious" and get used as a consequence and you have a stack of stunning embellishments to apply to one or more of your pages!