Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Twisted Sketch #123

My children are growing up fast - too fast for my liking really, and a recent (ish) thread on UKS was calling for advice to give to a 14 year old girl.  There were so many gems in there I wrote them down, and predictably put them to one side.

Twisted Sketch #123, with a twist of  'Envelope' was the perfect reminder that I wanted to do a LO with these words of advice for my lovely daughter, who is now 14 and a half!  I decided to use the black and white photo of her taken at Center Parcs this summer, and it had to be pink really, as I hardly ever use it.



Lovely pink Bazzill, an offcut reverse side of a Sassafras Sunshine Broadcast pp, a ki memories pp from long ago, the required envelope, a little circular meander on my sewing machine, a bit of stamping, bling, chipboard and washi tap, coupled with the delicious Studio Calico alphabet and my LO was complete.  Many months in the mulling, but fairly quick to come together, thanks to the sketch and the twist.

And the advice?  Well, that's for her from me - and I hope she takes some of it on board.  I know I could have done with it at her age.

4 comments:

Katherine said...

Great LO - and an excellent idea...I hope she enjoys the advice. Beautiful colours and paper :)

fatmonica said...

Love the layout-hope she keeps the advice to read and read...!

Emy said...

Lovely page and I like how you've framed the 14 on the bingo card

Jo said...

Beautiful layout and a lovely idea, your daughter is very lucky