Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A new Twisted Sketch chapter

I'm very happy to be continuing on with the Twisted Sisters for another term, and am delighted to wave hello to new team members as well as a sad farewell to a couple of the old team.  With all that talent on show, do head over to Twisted Sketches for a look at sketch #142 and some layout inspiration.

This is my version:


I'm not too fond of the shield shape, so I twisted the shape into a square (yes, a bit of a cheat but I wanted to get a sort of patchwork, country look to go with my farm photo and what better line than Cosmo Cricket Odds & Ends, a range that I love, although it breaks Shimelle's cardinal rule about mixing cream and white - something I found out as I created!!)  I used a punch to cut my squares then sanded and inked the edges and made the grid.  I journalled on strips and all around the square to fit in the story, and added a few embellishments (one cut from paper, one Crate chipboard piece and a couple of buttons.  A mix of lettering (Cosmo tiny type, MM epoxy red letters (that pack has done me so many titles :)  )  and finally Thickers.  Some doodled stitching around the edge finished off my layout.

Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

With those groups papers, I really don't think it matters about mixing white and cream ... It sure does work in this layout Ali :)

Jo said...

I love this layout and it's have some of my favourite papers on it x