Thursday, May 31, 2012

More travel scrapping.

Now I've dug out some of my old travel albums, I've been motivated to start scrapping them and this one was a fortunate find just as I had a little splurge on Studio Calico papers from Sarah's Cards - not a big splurge you understand!!  I wish I had bought a second sheet of this paper as it's lovely on the back as well, but I did rescue a small strip for another layout, because I cut out the skyline.


I loved my visit to Hong Kong and the view, even on a cloudy day, was breathtaking.  We took the cable car/train thingy up to the top and spent ages just looking around, spotting planes going into the old Kai Tak Airport - runway sticking out into sea job - so fairly exciting on a jumbo, and looking for swimming pools on the roof of tower blocks - plentiful, even in 1985.

I splashed out on another strip of my Out of Print pp - used up some old travel rubons and a couple of 7Gypsies brads, a strip of washi from my generous friend Jo, Studio Calico Alphas and some clouds from an American Crafts sheet of paper I bought at the crop from Sandra at Gottacraft, who always has loads of delicious goodies for us, including the camera stamp which I had to have.  I also managed to put my donut punch to good use.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Oh Ali this really is fabulous - I love how you create such lovely layouts by mixing and matching paper collections

Claire said...

Fab layout.
C xx

fatmonica said...

It's a great layout!